Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, June 25, 2012

So Call Me, Maybe

One of the purposes of the hours I spend on the internet listening to music no one has heard of is because I hate the idea of network radio stations telling me what to listen to.  I mean, who decides that stuff anyway?  Are bands/artists/songs earmarked for radio play? 

I only want to listen to good music and most of the stuff I hear on the radio just grates on my ears.  This is why I try to listen to college radio.  I'd rather have people playing music they love than playing what they're allowed to play. 

That being said, I do plan on making another Summer Radio Hits playlist.  I'm going to attempt to whittle down the Billboard Hot 100 as of the First Day of Summer and make it into something worth listening to.  That'll be an 8tracks exclusive. 

One track that is destined to make that mix is the INSANELY infectious hit by Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen, "Call Me, Maybe."  Gosh is that song so stupidly catchy.  I just love it.

There was a moment this weekend where I had a song from the January mix stuck in my head and I thought to myself, "Man, it's nice to have a song that's not Call Me...shoot."  And for the next 6 hours I couldn't do much more than hum, whistle, or sing that song.

The only thing that upsets me about this song is that it gained national attention after Justin Bieber tweeted it to his millions of followers.  If I had that kind of national attention, I'd be tweeting artists, bands, and musicians daily!  I mean come on!  Use all that star-power for good!  With great power comes great responsibility. 

Anyway, in case you've been on the moon for the summer here's what's already being called the song of the summer, "Call Me, Maybe." 


No comments:

Post a Comment