Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, June 11, 2012

April 2012

Still going strong.  Almost there!  I have this format in mind for future monthly posts (which will hopefully be more monthly and less seasonally) and I hope to try it out for June 2012, but may play around with the May setlist in the process.  Anyway, make sure you check out the playlists on 8tracks.  If you get lost, you can search for DJ Spyrograph or ZZIPA.  I've tried to tag all my mixes as the latter.

April 2012

1.  Jack White  Sixteen Saltines

He's out on his own tearing up America.  I recently read he keeps 2 bands with him on tour, one all male, one all female.  Neither band knows who is playing each night and only Jack knows the setlist in advance.  I guess that's a good way to keep things feeling live.

2.  Kankouran - It's Alright, Follow

Driving power pop with some nice acoustic guitars.

3.  Funeral Suits - All Those Friendly People

I think my next purchase may be a synthesizer so I can half sing over the top of it.

4.  Windmills - Great Divide

5.  Skipping Girl Vinegar - Chase The Sun

6.  Best Coast - The Only Place

I've always liked the idea of Best Coast, but now I like the music of them too.  How lovely!  It's like an aural summer!

7.  Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World

Tommie's song of the summer.  Get clapping, people!

8.  Lundi - How Deep Is The Delaware

I like it cause I think I'd write a song like this.

9.  Fun. - Why Am I The One

Gosh, they are good.

10.  Beast Radio - Dreaming Wide Awake

11.  Tennis - Traveling

Hints of Motown and 60s beats.  So nice.

12.  Fixers - Iron Deer Dream

This song gets by on it's wonderful groove.

13.  The Sweet Serenades - Moving On

14.  King Charles - Lady Percy

He's so fun.  Get out of your chair and dance!

15.  BOY - Little Numbers

16.  Fuck Art, Let's Dance! - The Conqueror

Token Dance Number

17.  Tanlines - All Of Me

Probably my favorite song on this mix.  Such a good summer prelude.

18.  Danny Brown - Grown Up

Asher Roth-ish and not too gangster.  A great middle ground.

19.  Vacationer - Good As New

20.  Half Moon Run - Full Circle

Interesting chords, progressions that tease your ears, and a sound like the Fleet Foxes make this a great tune.

21.  Florence + The Machine - Jackson (Unplugged)

This Johnny Cash/June Carter remake is stellar.  Way to almost out-do Americans at their own music!

22.  Isbells - Baskin'

23.  The Head And The Heart - Rives And Roads

Oh.  Oh my.  Oh wow.  Yes.  Yes, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment