Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You've Changed....For the Better?

So, while touring around Anchorage I've been rocking out to trashy pop music.  I'll admit it isn't normally my bag, but there's just something about the windows down, sunglasses on, and that perfect song on the radio.

Except in Anchorage it's more like driving with the heat on, wipers going, and twisting through channels trying not to hear Flo Rida anymore. 

Speaking of Flo Rida, his summer hit, "Wild One," has been blowing up everyone's radio.  You can recognize it from it's introductory chorus by a wonderful woman's voice singing, "Hey! I heard you were a wild one.  OOOOoOoooOOoo..." and so on.

At first I thought, "Oh great, another Rihanna duet.  Super."  But after the dozenth time hearing that song, the DJ finally told me who was singing it:  Flo Rida and..... Sia!

My jaw dropped!  You see, I OWN a Sia album.  Nick and I used to play her debut CD on the radio!  Check out these two hits:

The Girl You Lost to Cocaine

Little Black Sandals

Look at how weird she is!  Did you watch those videos?!  This girl has a unique voice, immense creativity, and the bangs to match!  I still play "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine" when I have company.  In fact, it was one of my first Pandora stations.  

Anyway, back in December of 2009, Sia made her ZZIPA debut (those first two songs were before the advent of the Playlist) with this dancy little number:

You've changed, Sia...you've changed...

And then followed it up with these slick videos:

Tommie declares this to be possibly her favoritest music video of all time.

Take a look at that.  Look!  That's a future hip-hop it-grrl.


And now she's rubbing elbows with Flo Rida and appearing on David Guetta tracks.  I mean, I get it.  She has a unique voice and what appears to be a creative approach to music/life.  But, come on.  




Maybe she's just realizing that John Mayer did it right.  You gotta make yourself some trashy music BEFORE you make what's in your heart.  Oh well.  Sia is the girl we lost to cocaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment