Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, June 11, 2012

March 2012

So, after taking the first 2 weeks of summer off I think I am ready to get down to business (cue dramatic Mulan music).  I've been spending most of my time bumming around Anchorage waiting for Tommie to get off of work.  It's been quite nice actually.  I like to think I've been getting a lot of work done.  And I can catch up on things like this that I've been putting off for so long.  I took a trip to Fairbanks and we just got back from a long weekend down in Homer camping on the beach.  So nice. 

I'm heading back to Glennallen mid-week with the intention of figuring out when/how/what/why of moving back to Wisco.  Exciting stuff!  I'll keep you posted. 

For now, here's the March 2012 playlist:

March 2012

1.  Ting Tings - Soul Killing

Yes, that is a squeaky rocking chair in the background.  Thanks for noticing.

2.  Yellow Ostrich - Daughter

Not the best track from this guy, but you can definitely see growth from his earlier tracks on my mixes.  I love the riff though.

3.  SHAPES - Some Folk Song In D (Nevermind)

 Good melodic guitar and slippery vocals make this a catchy tune

4.  King Charles - Love Blood

Again, not the best King Charles track, but it is too fun to pass up.

5.  Dr. Dog - These Days

I've been waiting for these guys to recapture my ear-maginiation for a while.  They've been close and finally they make it back with this rollicking hit.

6.  Saint Hotel - Puzzle Pieces

Interesting sounds, piano, and a shout-along chorus.  Can't miss it.

7.  Maps & Atlases - Winter

I can't explain to you how much cleaner their sound is on this album.  The band is just so much tighter.  This song exemplifies their tighter sound.

8.  Geographer - The Myth Of Youth

Driving bass and a vaguely Irish singer give me excitement.

9.  Work Drugs - License To Drive

Ah, the laid back anthem of every 16-year-old out there right now.

10.  The Drums - Days

I know summer was still a ways away in March (heck, it's still a ways off in AK) but this is one track I could listen to while in a hammock in the yard.  Interesting lyrics, too.

11.  Tennis - Originas

This band has been hitting all the right marks with me lately.  Check out that melodic guitar riff.  So good.

12.  Fun. - All Alone

I really am glad these guys hit it big.  Let's hope they stay there.

13.  Imagine Dragons - Demons

 A lovely pseudo-ballad.  Feel free to sing this one out loud.  Like way loud.

14.  American Royalty - Matchstick

Gotta enjoy some piano rock with homages to better songwriters.

15.  Set Sail - Boat Song

Crank it up and dance like a fool!

16.  Little Comets - Waiting In The Shadows In The Dead Of Night

Token Dance Number

17.  Andrew Bird - Danse Carribe

In the running for my personal song of 2012

18.  Bright Moments - Milwaukee

Also in the running.  This is the lead singer of Beirut's debut solo project.  This song is about the breakthrough case of the girl from Fond du Lac who was the first human in history to survive full-blown rabies.  Don't be afraid, it's only water.

19.  Wake! Owl - Wild Country

Take me back to the plains of Colorado for this one.

20.  Inspired & the Sleep = What I want and What I Need

Written for Valentine's Day, this song blends many relationship sentiments together.  It's pretty.

21.  Big Deal - Talk

NSFW, but it's so honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment