Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

February 2012

I'd really like to be able to upload my entire playlist to a website and have you, the viewer, download it at your leisure, but I'm not quite sure how yet.  If you know, please help me out.

FEBRUARY 2012

1.  Hospitality - All Day Today

Listen to this and don't smile.  I dare you.

2.  The Concept - Gimme Twice

Token Dance Number

3.  The Vaccines - Norgaard

Quick, loud, fast, and about models.  Sounds like a perfect rock song.

4.  Medicine Hat - Little Cigarettes

This one goes out to Sammy Hill and Julie Ellison who only smoke when they drink.

5.  Summer Twins - I Will Love You

I enjoy that indie rockers are bringing back '50s and '60s styles.

6.  Maia Vidal - Follow Me

Sexyish and stylish.

7.  Vacationer - Trip

Like cool jazz meets SoundCloud.

8.  Miracles Of Modern Medicine - Luminol

Mandolins and lyrics are great here.  It's like a bluegrass band trying to play rock.

9.  The Shins - Simple Song

The Shins are back after a nice hiatus with wicked guitars and the same wonderfully high voices.

10.  King Charles - Bam Bam

You know you love it.  Check out the video.  Guys, girls apparently cream if you dress like this.

11.  Yellow Ostrich - Marathon Runner

Something a little deeper from one of my favorite rookie artists

12.  The Hot Toddies - Green & Gold

Heralding from Oakland, try to catch all the references to the Oakland A's baseball team and these girls' love of them.

13.  Jack White - Love Interruption

Great harmonies, great lyrics, nice and dirty.  Great tune.

14.  Plants and Animals - Lightshow

Who says rock 'n roll is dead?

15.  Fort Wilson Riot - For All The Little Things

It's got a weird middle section, but all in all this song grooves well and has a nice hook.

16.  Foster the People - Don't Stop (Color On The Walls)

I had to listen to this album like 4 times to appreciate more than just "Pumped Up Kicks," but I have found plenty of other tunes I like.  This is one of them.  Great video too.

17.  Chairlift - I Belong In Your Arms

The '80s are alive.  If your local Forever 21 isn't already rocking to this, request it immediately or shop elsewhere.

18.  Driving Music - Orange Traffic Cones

I love a bass heavy groove and octave vocals.

19.  Bolivia - Rudy's Call

Oh, the harmonies and brilliant guitar work. 

20.  Hudson - The Belfry

For listening on the beach all alone.

21.  M. Ward - The First Time I Ran Away

Lush arrangements and slick vocals make this a really nice song.  Welcome back other half of She & Him.

22.  Everyman Of Parts - Arid Eyes

This is what happens when one simple verse and a good musician collide.

23.  Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

My favorite track off their latest concept album, The Suburbs.  This track is a bit old, but it's still great.

No comments:

Post a Comment