Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Ides of September

Hey Everybody! It sounds like you all have received your CDs and I am very excited to hear back as to which songs you found awesome and which songs you never care to hear again! Please comment and let me know! The September mix has been completed which I will have on the way shortly! I really do want this to be more than just a "me letting you know how I'm doing" blog, so please comment and let's start a discussion. Tell me about the CD you just bought, the concert you went to see, or the song on the radio you can't get out of your head. I want to share all of this great news!

Speaking of music news, here is what is going on in my world:
- Weezer has a new single and it sounds like it could've been on the Red Album. Really catchy, but the lyrics are sub-par.
- Throw Me The Statue has an amazing sophomore album out. If you liked the single on the August CD, you'll like a lot of the rest of it.
- Bands on the mixes that I have decided to seriously check out include: fun., Portugal. the man, Dark Mean, Passion Pit, and Owen. Other bands are close, but there are only so many hours in the day.

In Boulder news, the substitute office in town will not be having a new sub orientation until October. So, I will be catering until then. I hope my applications for quizmaster (yeah, that's right...quizMASTER) and youth sports instructor go through soon...I could use some cash.

My first weekend of frisbee went very well. Our team took my suggestion for a name, the B-10 Bombers (we were originally just designated Team B-10) and we went 1-1. The first game was a bitter loss (7-6) against a team we would have beaten had the game not been called on account of lightning and the second game was a 13-5 romp. I had a blast.

Oh, and I signed up to volunteer for the Olympics in Vancouver this February!

I am really looking forward to Tony's wedding in a few weeks! Let's just hope he is too...

4 comments:

  1. WHAT?!!! You're volunteering at the Olympics?! Sign me up! I wish I could do that! The speedskating trials in Marquette were very intense, I would love to see the skaters again. Damn theatre and rent for being scheduled during the first two weeks of the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking for people at all times! Even the paralympics which are in March (and during your spring break)! Just search for Olympic Volunteer and fill out the form. It'd be great fun to have a nice crew out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never called you back about disc. i am glad you are keeping the sport alive within you. i have moved back to hamilton and have started playing with guys from a nearby college. most of my time is spent not looking for work but i do take the time to look for work as well. looking forward to the post where you say you are looking forward to my wedding too.

    chip

    ReplyDelete
  4. EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN

    myfullname@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete