Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Downward, Forward, On and On

I'll try to be brief but there are a lot of things that have happened in a little over a week...

Andrea was supposed to come and visit starting last Saturday but obviously things are different now, so I really tried to keep busy to keep my mind off of...well...her. Our friend Matt came up from Golden last Saturday. I hadn't seen him since the Muddy Buddy my first weekend in Boulder. We went climbing, I showed him the town, we made delicious cookies for Trish (who couldn't hang out cause she had to work), and the 3 of us went on a midnight hike up Flagstaff Mountain to watch the meteor shower. We saw almost 3o meteors in a little over an hour. It was sooo nice. I spent Sunday at the 2009 Denver TubaChristmas (pictures forthcoming). Over 250 tubas, euphoniums, baritones, and sousaphones gathered to play Christmas carols for free in a park. Trish and Colin came to watch and we went to the Tilted Kilt for football afterward. Later that night, Colin and I went to Meg and Marissa's holiday party. It was supposed to be a mono-chrome theme (only wear one color), but no one told me (cause I don't have the Facebook). Colin and I had lots (and I mean lots) of red wine. It was great.

I had catering work lined up for every day last week which was good. I worked with some great people and had a lot of funny times giving people food. Trish, Colin, Christine, Carllee, and I played some Settler's Monday night and that was probably the highest point in a while.

I found out Tuesday my dad's mom died Monday night. We had kind of been expecting it, but it didn't make it any easier. I immediately had to take off work Thursday and Friday just in case I had to run home and everything seemed really frantic. However, my dad and uncle decided to have my grandma cremated and hold a small service for her in spring.

Trish and I took Friday off to head up to the mountains. We went to Frisco in an attempt to see our friend Julie's photo gallery. However, the place was closed all 3 separate times we stopped by. It was sad. Making Trish climb mountains and cross (mostly) frozen creeks was great though.

I started driving home Sunday with the goal of making it to Mankato, MN to stay with good ol' Ruskus. Let me tell you, Nebraska is a bitch. I drove for almost 14 hours. It was ridiculous.

Yesterday the plunge continued as I saw Andrea for the first time since the split. She looked so gorgeous and it hurt alot to talk to her like a friend. However, that's the only role we can be in for a while, so I have to get used to it. I know I did a great job being her boyfriend and I would do a great job again, but everything is out of my hands and in the future, which I just have to accept.

Tyler beat me at racquetball (surprise, surprise), but it was an EPIC game at the end. My whole right side is beat up (knee, elbow, and hip) from diving all over the place. I played alot of the game on the floor.

I FINALLY made it home about 4:30 tonight and crashed like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately, there is a tomorrow and it will be spent making rubber mats at my father's work all day. So, bedtime it is folks!

If you have any questions or comments, leave them or get a hold of me! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment