Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Aughts Are Over!

That's the name I will be giving to the previous decade. Anyone else with me?

It's been a while since my last post because the holiday season was just phenomenally busy. The highlights are as follows:

My parents are WAY too good to me. I got so many nice things for Christmas including a trumpet, a flute, some cool clothes, a Thermarest, and 6 months of Netflix. Not to mention an MENC membership for the year and the sweetest lunchbox ever!

The Christmas party was at my parent's house which was great! I hate HATE traveling on Christmas. We ate, drank, sang, and were pretty merry. Of course there was also the traditional family drama, but, as always, we made it through.

My personal Christmas party turned out well, though attendance was a little low. Regardless, it was so nice to sit and relax with some of my best friends. No worries, no time constraints, just catching up and laughing.

Tim and I began our Lake Michigan circle tour the next day with stops in Milwaukee, Marquette, Langing, Brighton, Saginaw, and Mayville. We saw the Warhol exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum (I absolutely love his Marilyns), finally saw ChelC, played in the snow with the original Susan Boyle, enjoyed the company of Chip, had homemade french toast from Meg, were entertained by the Smiths, saw Ruskus in a speedo, and danced our goofy asses off at Chip's beautiful wedding. We left Monday afternoon and returned Saturday evening. What an adventure!

Immediately following this adventure, my brother came out to Colorado with me. The drive back was without incident (thank heavens) and we did the best we could to enjoy the splendor that is Colorado. We did the Coors Brewery tour (and the tasting room at the end), toured town, took snowboarding lessons in Winter Park, saw some family, and took a few hikes. He says he had a good time, so it must have been good. We were slightly hindered by me getting food poisoning (a record 7 voms in one night) and a rush-hour blizzard returning from the mountains, but in true Ziegler form, we overcame!

I didn't take one single picture over break... I just never think to grab my camera. So, if you are reading this and have some pictures from the adventures, send them my way! Also, I will post a link to Chip's wedding pictures when they are uploaded to their website.

This is going to be all for now because I hate extremely long posts. In the upcoming days I will talk more about the immediate future, life, music, and anything else I feel is pertinent. It is MY blog after all!

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment