Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Autumn Honorable Mentions

For those of you who sent me something in November or were great to me while I was in the Midwest over Thanksgiving or "follow" me on my blog, you will be receiving the special 35-song, 2-disc spectacular that is Autumn Honorable Mentions! These are the songs that were cut from September, October, and November with a tear in my eye. The first disc is entitled "Familiarity" because it is filled with artists you may have heard of (either on other Months or even the radio) and covers. Here are the tracks:

1. Julian Casablancas - 4 Chords of the Apocalypse
2. Tegan and Sara - The Ocean
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Clap Song
4. Emmy the Great - Where is my Mind? (Pixies Cover)
5. Freelance Whales - Generator^Second Floor
6. The Flaming Lips - I Can Be A Frog
7. Taken By Trees - My Boys (Animal Collective Cover)
8. Death Cab for Cutie - Meet Me at the Equinox
9. Minus the Bear - Into the Mirror
10. Kings of Leon Vs. Lykke Li - Knocked Up (Rodeo Mash Up)
11. Bluejuice - Little Emperor
12. A Broken Robot - This City Scares Me
13. Mika - We Are Golden
14. Lacrosse - My Stop
15. The Da Vincis - Paper Planes (Cover)
16. Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Slow Doomsday
17. Frank Turner - Sunday Nights
18. Bon Iver & St. Vincent - Roslyn

Zach's Notes
1. The lead singer of the Strokes with his debut solo album.
2. These twins are indie darlings these days. I've even heard them on MTV!
6. In case you were curious, the girl's voice is Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8. Made for the new Twilight movie soundtrack... :S
10. The song is from Kings of Leon's previous album, Because of the Times
15. Easily my favorite cover of this infinitely covered song!
18. Also made for the new Twilight movie, but Bon Iver resides in Northern Wisconsin so it is hard to not like him.

The next CD is "Alienation" for those artists who nobody has probably heard of before.

1. Phantogram - When I'm Small
2. The Heavy - How Do You Like Me Now?
3. Jamie T - Chaka Demus
4. Papermoon - People Are Talking But Now They Are Forgetting
5. I Heart Hiroshima - Shakeytown
6. Red Wire Black Wire - Compass
7. Bird Automatic - What Should Be Told
8. Penpal - Plains, Trains, Places & People
9. McGowan - Into the Mystery
10. Old Canes - Little Bird Courage
11. Colourmusic - Put In A Little Gas
12. Animal Kingdom - Signs and Wonders
13. Golden Kanine - Scissors
14. Sainthood Reps - Condor
15. Collapse Under the Empire - The Taste of Last Summer
16. Lixian Hantover - Rachel's New Apartment
17. Paper Bird - Milk

Zach's Notes
2. Nice horn and rhythm section reminds me of the good ol' days.
8. Yes, it is Plains and NOT Planes...don't ask ME why...
17. Local Boulder band!

No comments:

Post a Comment