Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

J-J-J-June

Here's June's playlist:

1. Ten Twenty Ten - Generationals

I love this band. Someone should get me the album for Christmas.

2. Up Up Up - Givers

This is my song of the summer. Definitely one of my favorites of the year.

3. Eleven (ft. tUnE-YarDs) - Thao & Mirah

Gots a nice grooooove and such a nice message.

4. K is for Kelson - Bibio

A nice little tropical feel to it.

5. Kelly - When Saints Go Machine

It's hard to listen to this song without it stirring memories, but it is still a solid song.

6. East Harlem - Beirut

I love his new album and this is probably my favorite song on it.

7. Already Yours - Bahamas

I feel like I could have/should have written this song.

8. The Globe - Ben Sollee

Great tune. Well written, well sung, and filled with great cellos noises.

9. If You Wanna - The Vaccines

A perfect post-break-up anthem

10. I Roll - Buckeye Knoll

I really like the back-and-forth in the voices.

11. Lonely Avenue - Ben Waters & PJ Harvey

Solid blues and a lovely back-up chorus. A solid Ray Charles cover.

12. Oil And Vinegar - Kids Choice

I am arranging this song for my choir to sing at our Regional Competition. So cute, quirky, and lovely.

13. Calgary - Bon Iver

So chill and so good.

14. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay

Love. It.

15. Roots - Audiafauna

I love songs that combine the ideas of nature with them.

16. Orono Park (edit) - The Wilderness of Manitoba

This is a band I'd love to be a part of.

17. Part Man Part Myth Part Time - Jon Fratelli

Half of 'The Fratellis' strikes out on his own and makes guitar-driven, blues-induced rock.

18. Taken For A Fool - The Strokes

That classic Strokes sound is hard to beat.

19. Billy Cruz - Metal Mother

Just something about this song that sticks with me.

20. Birds - Ricky Eat Acid

Sit back and relax

21. Rocket Man - Steven Drozd

A very excellent cover

22. Grown Ocean - Fleet Foxes

Definitely an inspiration this year, this song ends their sophomore CD Helplessness Blues and it ends mine, too.

Christmas Updates and more playlists to come soon! Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment