Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Very Alaskan Week/end

Just some quick highlights:

On Thursday, driving back from Kenny Lake, I drove through my first Alaskan snowstorm. And by snowstorm, I mean snowCLOUD, but still. Snow! Sheesh.

When I pulled into Glennallen (like smack dab in the heart of Glennallen) a big, black, bull moose ran out onto the road in front of me. I had no idea how black they got!

On Saturday, Ron (the Dean of Students) invited me over to pick up a bunch of moose meat. He had killed the moose the previous weekend and was butchering it and thought I'd like some. So, now I am the proud owner of over 20 pounds of moose hamburger(?), round steak, and roast.

After packing all my freezer bags full of moose, Ron asked if I wanted to see his airplane. Which, of course, led to us taking a short plane ride over the Wrangell-St. Elias National Wilderness. We saw some mooses, mud volcanoes, and got much closer to those awesome mountains.

It's a good thing we did that yesterday, cause when I woke up this morning there was a nice dusting of snow on the ground. I had heard that about this time each year it will snow, but it will melt. That process repeats for about a month and then the snow really sticks by the end of October. However, it started snowing lightly around 10:00 this morning and it is still coming down. It's icy and slick and I hear there is a possibility of school being closed with about 8 inches on the ground.

Welcome to the Great White North.

Also, my field trip was a rousing success. My students are so cool. Pride and Prejudice was great! As a way of keeping busy backstage, a few of the cast members keep a tally of each laugh the show gets in a night. Our crowd shattered the record. I like to think I was partly responsible. There was one scene where we all started laughing more than we ought to and one of the actors broke and laughed, which made us laugh more, which made the other characters break and laugh, which made us laugh EVEN more. It was awesome. I never though Jane Austen could have done that to me.

I have a feeling it is going to be a hectic week. I need to get lots of paperwork in quickly.

The September playlist is done, but CDs have not been burned. I will start that process when I can. Please be patient. I hope to not fall too far behind.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Snow!!!! I'm super jealous! I'm also jealous of the plan ride, I bet it was awesome! Why do you always get to do awesome things? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! david puhl shared your site with me, i love your music lists!

    you should check out Alessi's Ark (Notes from the Treehouse).

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete