Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Summer Honorable Mentions Playlist

So normally, I try to divide up the tracks in the Honorable Mentions in some clever way, but I just couldn't think of something good this time. So, they are split up alphabetically to fit the most music on each CD.

Here's what I was listening to this summer:

Summer Honorable Mentions: A-K
1. Baths - Aminals
2. Los Campesinos! - A Heat Rash In The Shape Of The Show Me State
3. Elsinore - Chemicals
4. Airship - Algebra
5. Doppelganger - Breaks My Head
6. The Black Keys - Chop and Change
7. The Dead Weather - Die By The Drop
8. Bicycle Voice - Freshman
9. I Am Oak - On Trees And Birds And Fire
10. The Avery Set - Hello Georgia
11. Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground - Country Home
12. Jukebox The Ghost - Empire
13. Cancel The Astronauts - I Love Somebody
14. Keane Ft. K'naan - Stop For A Minute
15. Herzog - Paul Blart And The Death Of Art
16. Jack Johnson - You And Your Heart
17. Goldfrapp - Alive
18. Franz Ferdinand - All My Friends
19. Cats On Fire - Something Happened
20. Bombay Bicycle Club - Ivy & Gold
21. Colonies - Morning
22. The Decemberists - The Wanting Comes In Waves

Zach's Notes
1. Read the name of this song again. The spelling IS correct
2. The best part of Missouri is it's nickname
6. One of the best albums of 2010...I'm calling it
9. Great beat plus banjo equals awesome - also...probably the best picture I could find of the weirdo...
14. Time for Keane to try to strike it big!
15. Great social commentary on the state of the silver screen these days
16. He's gone ELECTRIC
18. This is an LCD Soundsystem cover and I like this version better...sorry Nick...I just can't get into LCD...I'm trying!
20. Such good harmonies
22. Great and sprawling single!

Summer Honorable Mentions: L-Z
1. Tokyo Police Club - Gone
2. White Boyz Can't Funk - Sally
3. We Are Scientists - I Don't Bite
4. Stornoway - Watching Birds
5. Rickolus - Kid
6. Wilco - You Never Know
7. Maps & Atlases - Israeli Caves
8. Lissie - Pursuit of Happiness
9. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Dull Life
10. Two Door Cinema Club - Costume Party
11. Ratatat - Bare Feast
12. Rah Rah - Arrows
13. Mystery Jets - Flash A Hungry Smile
14. Thao - Cool Yourself
15. Tennis - Marathon
16. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Say No To Love
17. The Temper Trap - Love Lost
18. Regina Spektor - No Surprises
19. The Morning Benders - Stitches (Yours Truly Session)
20. Nina Nastasia - Cry, Cry, Baby
21. J. Tillman - Three Sisters

Zach's Notes
2. But they sure can rock out
3. Love these guys
4. This song took a few listenings, but it definitely got stuck in my head
7. It's just so good!
8. A Kid Cudi cover...I would prefer to listen to either. She has such passion in her voice.
11. Electro-pop without vocals...it's kinda the place indie is headed...not sure if I'm ready for it
12. Very catchy
15. Their band name is an entire sport!
17. I'm really not sure why this song is on the HMs. I haven't been able to listen to another song all week. You should look this video up and then listen to all their other songs, especially Sweet Disposition. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. re: LCD Soundsystem - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoA0cTC228M

    The song starts out somewhat quietly, but it gets super loud about three minutes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Someone should teach me how to post a hyperlink.

    ReplyDelete