Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

October 2011

1. Los Campesinos! - By Your Hand

- I just wanna shout the chorus at the top of my lungs. I am so glad Los Campesinos are back. I know alot of their songs sound similar, but I must dig their sound cause I can't get enough of it.

Remember what your heart is for...

2. Foster the People - Call It What You Want

- Obviously not the best track off their album, but catchy enough.

3. Dirty Vegas - Never Enough

- The last time I heard this band I was wishing the radio station would please stop playing their hit, "Days Go By" But, this is a nice change and is quite catchy.

4. The Cinema - Satellites

- I think I want this guy's voice. Shameless, catchy pop. Don't hate.

5. Rabbit! - Pink Lemonade

- Oh so innocent. Maybe I'll teach it to my elementary students.

6. Twin Falls - Janie, I Will Only Let You Down.

- Depressing title, depressing song. But it sounds so nice.

7. Radical Face - Always Gold

- I love the harmonies and the way the song rises and falls. It is orchestrated very well.

8. Fun. - We Are Young (ft. Janelle Monae)

- That's right kids. I had it back in October. My students were asking me if I had ever heard of Fun. this past week. Kids, I own their first album. I knew them when they were still The Format and not touring with Panic at the Disco. It is my professional opinion that every song on the first album is better than this song. But, I will acknowledge the mainstream appeal of this song. I'm really glad they are getting the recognition they deserve. Tommie called it. So, let's set the world on fire. Oh, and check out this really weird video for it.

P.S. When did Glee become the new radio? Dear Kids, find music the old fashioned way.

9. Maia Hirasawa - It Doesn't Stop

- I love her sloppy voice and the cheekiness of this song.

10. The Rifles - Tangled Up In Love

- Wow, there's a lot of cheesy pop songs on this album... Hmm...

11. Mausi - sol.

- Ahhh. Hear we go. Some R&B, some exotic chords, and a great opportunity to get off your butt and dance.

12. Florence and The Machine - Shake It Out

- My dad persists and calling her, "Florence Plus the Machine." I find it hilarious. Another chance for her to show off her powerful lungs.

13. The Kooks - Carried Away

- The Kooks are usually hit or miss for me. This one sinks my battleship.

14. Boots Electric - Complexity

- I believe these guys. They sell this song so well.

15. Teenburger - Wake Up (feat. Jorun Bombay)

- Set this as your alarm song. Do it. Now. Such great rhymes!

16. 41st and Home - Wilderness Eyes

- Sing along with the chorus. You know you want to. Just pick a note and go. Mmmm.

17. Southerly - Without a Cause

- I am an optismist, I too shall conquer this. I am a dreamer still, I truly believe this.

18. Elizaveta - Dreamer

- This song sounds like it should be in a musical. I'd put it in my soundtrack.

19. The Moth & The Mirror - Fire

- She's got a nice voice and the music just speaks for itself. Interesting sounds, good syncopated rhythms, and perfectly timed harmonies.

20. Orca Orca - Change of Pace

- Say the band name 10 times fast. The sound is so nice. It reminds me of Jagged Gorgeous Winter by The Main Drag.

21. Heavenly Beat - Desire

- A nice way to unwind at the end of a pop-heavy disc. Just relax, man.

22. Hip Hatchet - Sun Can't Walk

- A simple voice, a sad story, and an unnatural melody structure. A lovely way to end.



No comments:

Post a Comment