Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

January Playlist

Hey Team! Discs went out on Friday. Some of you will receive only 1, some 3, some 5, and I think the person receiving the most is up to 7 (that's how far behind I was). In any case, I am looking to staying on top of the ball here for the remainder of 2011. Stay tuned for the February list and if you are interested in the Winter Honorable Mentions discs, make sure you contact me throughout the month.

January
1. Shake the Baron - Zodiac Name
2. Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
3. Yellow Ostrich - Hahahaohhoho
4. Yuck - Get Away
5. Sunnybrook - Water You
6. The Decemberists - January Hymn
7. Family of the Year - Chugjug
8. Wakey!Wakey! - Light Outside
9. Jonquil - I Know I Don't Know
10. Surfer Blood - Take It Easy
11. Walk the Moon - Anna Sun
12. The Naked And Famous - Girls Like You
13. Coma Cinema - Her Sinking Sun (Atlantic At Pacific Remix)
14. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - How Can U Luv Me
15. We Landed on the Moon! - Boats
16. Long Walks On The Beach - I Didn't Want To Make Out
17. Geographer - Kites
18. Lettercamp - Fool For Long
19. The Weepies - Be My Thrill
20. Pre-Raphaelites - Foley Mountain
21. The Head And The Heart - Down In The Valley
22. Little Light - Shutter Speed

Zach's Notes
2. I swear these guys are one break away from a radio hit.
3. Easily has my vote for band to watch in the near future.
4. Reminds me of an early Weezer and, oh, how I love it!
6. These guys just know how to craft a song that speaks to me.
7. Featured on an Advil commercial already.
8. I think this is their most radio-friendly song I've featured
9. What an awesome riff. I love this song.
10. A great start to their sophomore attempt.
11. Catchy as hell. Currently touring with Tokyo Police Club and putting out awesome music videos.
12. Don't you know they write songs about girls like you?
15. Finally, a chance for the women to shine.
16. I wanted to kiss.
20. Love the shifts in genres.
21. Lord, have mercy on my rough and rowdy ways.
22. I always seem to fall for artsy girls...this song is for them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zach
    I can relate to you being behind.Btween the snowfall and inability get get CDrs im kinda behind too.Last week I finally ordered some online.most parking lots are still kind of a mess around here.
    My creative engines are revving up again.I feel like a dog on a short leash.uhh!
    Im hoping Ill get the cdrs soon and my burner will get a workout once again and my creative engine will be hot as a cattle prod.Woh mama!
    Rock on!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 2. I mean love it. and Chip and I are going to see 10 in May, I am excited.

    ReplyDelete