Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

December Playlist

So, CDs WILL BE MAILED on FRIDAY! This comes after 1. not being rich enough to send out music 2. leaving my November and Autumn Honorable CDs in the Midwest over Christmas and 3. falling incredibly behind.

I know there are plenty of you out there not even expecting a CD that will get one or not even knowing that I've missed a few months. But, I don't care. I get such a kick out of sharing the music I find and love that I just don't care. I feel bad, almost guilty, when I don't get them out in time. It's odd.

In any case, most people will be receiving at least one, but no more than 5 CDs and as I have tried to recall who has contacted me when, I may have messed up. If you would like a copy of a mix you didn't receive, then let me know and I'll rectify the situation. For the rest of you, enjoy! Here's December's long-awaited playlist:

December
1. Pomplamoose - Up On The Housetop
2. Lelia Broussard - Satellite
3. Elizabeth & The Catapult - You & Me
4. Freelance Whales - Kilojoules
5. Guilty About Girls - Candy Candy
6. Slow Club - Giving Up On Love
7. Dead Trees - Back to L.A.
8. Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love
9. The Decemberists - Down By The Water
10. Adele - Rolling In The Deep
11. Frightened Rabbit - The Loneliness And The Scream
12. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
13. Forest City Lovers - If I Were A Tree
14. Horse Feathers - Drain You
15. Iron & Wine - Biting Your Tail
16. Beat Radio - ...And In The End Shoot Back (Diggs Cover)
17. The Russian Futurists - Golden Years
18. Mr. Little Jeans - Rescue Song (RAC Remix)
19. Ra Ra Riot - Too Dramatic
20. Kyle Andrews - You Always Make Me Smile
21. Gregory and The Hawk - Olly Olly Oxen Free
22. The Cave Singers - Swim Club
23. The National - Terrible Love [Alternative Version]

Zach's Notes
1. Yes, I am still totally in love with Nataly Dawn. And yes, you did hear (at least the beginning of) this song on a car commercial. Unlike most indie folks, I love it when my favorites hit it big.
2. I told you...All it takes is clapping and a sweet, sexy voice
3. See above.
4. More clapping! Woo! I love how cool this song is and how the words only kinda make sense.
5. Another chill, cool song. "Follow me, I know where I'm going. I'm not messed up like all those hoes."
6. Much punkier than their other singles I've heard
8. Almost didn't make it cause I don't care for the Mamas and Papas song it reminds me of, but the lyrics are so clever, I fell in love.
9. I love how this guy can craft a story with his lyrics. The Decemberists make music they love.
10. English girl belts in the Southern tradition.
11. These guys have been on so many mixes it isn't even fair, but their talent warrants it again.
12. I hate pulling a single out of a concept album like this, but I did it earlier and it is great.
13. Lots of female singers this time around...
14. Saw these guys live in Boulder (thanks Meg Hamilton) and was rather impressed. This single made a lot of "best covers of 2010" lists. It's a Nirvana cover.
15. They've gone electric!
17. Song's got swagger
19. Crisp, clean indie pop with cellos
20. Surprised I didn't write this song first.
21. Loved so much of her earlier stuff and am impressed by this newer direction.
22. I think it would be an incredible amount of fun to be in a band like this.
23. Yes, yes. I do like a The National song and here it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zach
    I listened to the January mix last night.Not much I know but lots Im learning.Cool!Trish

    ReplyDelete