Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

2010 Comparison

So, I was listening to satellite radio in my father's car while on the way home from visiting Marquette for the New Year and the channels I listen to XMU and Alt-Nation were each counting down their top songs of 2010. I became slightly aroused and very excited. As I was listening to their tracks, it hit me that over the course of the year, I had sent you all music by many of the artists featured on these "best of" lists. I've been wanting to dedicate a post on the topic. Below is XMU's top 41 tracks of 2010 and attached is the month I first sent you the song or told you about the artist. If the song is highlighted that means that exact track made it to a playlist.

  1. BEACH HOUSE – 10 MILE STEREO - Introduced on: July 2010 (Song: Better Times)
  2. ARCADE FIRE – SPRAWL II - Autumn Honorable Mentions (Ready to Start)
  3. BEST COAST – BOYFRIEND - November 2010 (Crazy For You)
  4. LOCAL NATIVES – WIDE EYES - Spring HM (Sunhands)
  5. ARIEL PINK’S HAUNTED GRAFFITI – BRIGHT LIT BLUE SKIES
  6. THE NATIONAL – ANYONE’S GHOST - December 2010 (Terrible Love)
  7. SLEIGH BELLS – RILL RILL - December 2009 (Rill Rill)
  8. BLACK KEYS – NEXT GIRL - April 2010 (Tighten Up)
  9. YEASAYER – O.N.E. - Winter HM 2009 (I Remember)
  10. TAME IMPALA – SOLITUDE IS BLISS
  11. ARIEL PINK’S HAUNTED GRAFFITI – ROUND AND ROUND
  12. ARCADE FIRE – WE USED TO WAIT (see above)
  13. CARIBOU – ODESSA
  14. LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – DANCE YOURSELF CLEAN - Autumn HM 2010 (I Can Change)
  15. DEERHUNTER – HELICOPTOR - Autumn HM 2010 (He Would Have Laughed)
  16. SLEIGH BELLS – TELL EM
  17. VAMPIRE WEEKEND – CALIFORNIA ENGLISH - October 2009 (White Sky)
  18. CULTS – GO OUTSIDE - March 2010 (Go Outside)
  19. GORILLAZ – RHINESTONE EYES
  20. SUFJAN STEVENS – TOO MUCH - September 2010 (I Walked)
  21. ALEXANDER – TRUTH
  22. THE NATIONAL – BLOODBUZZ OHIO - see above
  23. LYKKE LI – GET SOME - Autumn HM 2009 (Knocked Up: KoL cover)
  24. MORNING BENDERS – EXCUSES - March 2010 (Excuses)
  25. OF MONTREAL – COQUET COQUETTE - January 2009 (First Time High)
  26. GAUNTLET HAIR – I WAS THINKING
  27. BROKEN BELLS – HIGH ROAD
  28. M.I.A. – BORN FREE
  29. SURFER BLOOD – SWIM (TO REACH THE END) - December 2009 (Floating Vibes)
  30. BESNARD LAKES – ALBATROSS
  31. BLACK KEYS – TIGHTEN UP
  32. NO AGE – GLITTER
  33. WARPAINT – UNDERTOW
  34. DOM – JESUS
  35. MGMT – FLASH DELIRIUM - January 2009 (Of Moons, Birds & Monsters)
  36. WAVVES – POST-ACID
  37. DAS RACIST – HA HA HA HA HA JK
  38. INTERPOL – BARRICADE
  39. GAYNGS – GAUDY SIDE OF TOWN
  40. DR DOG – SHADOW PEOPLE - Spring HM 2010 (Jackie Wants a Black Eye)
  41. TWIN SHADOWS – CASTLES MADE OF SNOW

1 comment:

  1. cool!Oh and I got your mixes!Thank you!!
    Peace love and Music!
    Ill send you some soon!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete