Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 2010 Playlist

Hey Team! Even with school taking up nearly all of my time and energy, I have managed to complete 3 mixes! August is rather mellow. For the Summer Honorable Mentions, I took the easy way out and divided the bands alphabetically. One turned out pretty upbeat and one is kinda down. Maybe this is a sign of the early fall to come (for me at least). I hope to have the CDs out in the next couple of days, but I have no idea what Alaska mail is like. Please let me know if and when you have gotten a CD.

Here's what I was listening to in August:

1. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Banned (By The Man)
2. Cults - Oh My God
3. Oh No! Yoko - 90s Kids (Teen Daze Remix)
4. unouomedude - Dream House
5. IDRchitecture - (Sign of the Fish)
6. Collapse Under The Empire - Grade Separation
7. The Dead Weather - The Difference Between Us
8. Make Me! - Matters
9. Sky Larkin - A.T.M.
10. Frontier Ruckus - Nerves of the Nightmind
11. The Farewell Circuit - I Am A Ghost
12. Night Driving In Small Towns - February
13. Bird Talk - Crazy Mad
14. Modern Skirts - Rebecca St. Claire
15. Admiral Fallow - Squealing Pigs
16. Balthazar - Blood Like Wine
17. Owen - Abandoned Bridges
18. Yu(c)k - Daughter
19. Ra Ra Riot - Keep it Quiet (Bear)
20. Nathan Edwin - January 2 (tanto)

Zach's Notes:
1. The critics say this band plays it safe and doesn't do anything exciting, but I still like their music quite a bit.
2. Oh My God, I love this song right now. Probably my favorite!
3. I always died of cholera...stupid cholera - you'll have to listen to the song to understand...
6. A rare non-lyricized song
7. It's taken me awhile to find one of these I truly liked, but I found one
8. A nice punk song
11. I wonder if it is Casper or a Scooby-Doo ghost
12. Again, I'm such a sucker for guys and girls singing in octaves
14. And kids singing...I'm a sucker for those too.
16. Probably the best song I've heard from the vampire thing that's going on right now...
17. Owen gets me everytime.
18. Weird name.
19. Weird parenthesis after the song.
20. See above...

School is going great and I will post an update on that tomorrow. I promise. I actually have a few things to go over so I am ready for tomorrow yet tonight! Keep checking the blog and your mailboxes!

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest twice, ZacH.

    1) I hate the sound of kids singing. Ugh. I can't even watch my own first grade Christmas pageant tape. The sound just destroys me.

    2) Owen has yet to do anything for me (I'm sorry). I'll keep trying though.

    ReplyDelete