Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Top 5 Week 3

I'm going to keep this going through April at least. This way, when March CDs go out later this week and people have to check the blog to see what they're listening to, they'll discover what's going on! Zach, you're a genius!

I know, I know...

This week's Top 5 is: Top 5 Songs of YOUR 90s! I want the songs you were unabashedly belting out during your time in the 90s, not what you currently believe to be the best songs from that decade. However, the songs themselves must ALSO be from the 90s.

Also, a LOT has happened in the past week and I will be updating probably tomorrow with new pictures! Don't call it a comeback!

These are the songs that most influenced my 1990s:

1. All Star - Smash Mouth (1999)
- And still a personal favorite!
2. Tubthumping - Chumbawumba (1997)
- Yes, I bought the album and LOVED it!
3. Buddy Holly - Weezer (1994)
- One of the best songs of ALL time
4. One Week - Barenaked Ladies (1998)
- I know all the lyrics to this day.
5. Broadway - Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
- Even though it isn't my favorite song off the album, it was the song that got me hooked so I will give the nod to Broadway over Iris, Slide, or Black Balloon. This album took me a LONG time to put down.

P.S. Since there has been so much Elton John talk on here lately, I thought I'd include this link.

Till next time friends!

4 comments:

  1. 1-5 The Presidents of the United States of America
    Also: Nirvana, Soul Asylum, Collective Soul (yeah), Busta Rhymes, Hanson, No Doubt, Crash Test Dummies, Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis, The Verve (Bittersweet Symphony), Verve Pipe (Freshman), Beck, Will Smith, and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim knows what's up. Here are a few of my favorite 90s songs that I liked during the 90s (and still like) that he didn't cover:

    - Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik, 1996
    - Hey Jealousy* - Gin Blossoms, 1992
    - Sour Girl - Stone Temple Pilots, 1999
    - Pepper - Butthole Surfers, 1996
    - Popular - Nada Surf, 1996
    - Possum Kingdom - The Toadies, 1995
    - Drinking in LA - Bran Van 3000, 1997
    - LA Song - Beth Hart, 1999
    - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods, 1996
    - Dammit - Blink 182, 1997
    - Piece of Candy - 58, 2000 (let it slide)
    - Tangerine Speedo - Caviar, 2000
    - Wrecking Ball - Creeper Lagoon, 2001 (pushing it)**
    - Framed - Samantha 7, 2000
    - Never Say Goodbye - The Impossibles, 199?
    - Always - Bon Jovi - 1994
    - Back For Good - Take That, 1994

    Aqua, Fuel, Filter, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Liz Phair, Milli Vanilli, Goldfinger, Garth Brooks, Better Than Ezra, Foo Fighters, 311, Lit, Incubus, Garbage... I seriously love 90s music.

    *Freshman year at NMU, we had one of those dreaded white boards on our door with our names written on it. A bunch of people were hanging out in our room (you might have been there), and this stoned skater kid no one knew walks by, sees my name, and pops in our room and starts singing "Hey Chel-uh-sea." Since that day, this has been my song. I saw the Gin Blossoms last summer, and they thankfully played my song.

    **I feel like I didn't really develop my own taste in music until about 7th grade or so. I started listening to the UW-P radio station, and they played all of this awesome indie, alt music and I loved it all. It would feel wrong to list only a few of the songs and to leave out of a few of the later ones. Unfortunately, WSUP (really, haha) started playing Fallout Boy-type stuff around 11th grade, but those 4-5 years of discovering music were probably the best radio experience I'll ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since neither of you officially made a top 5 list, it is a tie! The win goes to Chelc because Tim has already won. Hope you all enjoy your bonus CDs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. "The Cat Came Back" by Harry S. Miller
    2. "The Little Lost Child" by Marks and Stern
    3. "The Sidewalks of New York" by James Blake
    4. "Hello! Ma Baby" by Howard and Emerson
    5. "Utah, We Love Thee" by Even Stephens


    Wasn't sure if you wanted 1890's or 1990's. The former is above, the latter below.

    This list would change everyday because the 90's were AWESOME. What's below is more like the 90's songs I want to listen to right now.

    1. Lipstick and Bruises/Miserable by Lit
    2. Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs N' Harmony
    3. Found Out About You/Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
    4. Santa Monica by Everclear
    5. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla

    ReplyDelete