Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ready to Rumble

To start, I'm going to post a few comments I've received on the mixes so far.

Tim Dries thought September was lacking compared to the Summer mixes. His favorite song so far is Heartbreaker by MSTRKRFT w/John Legend. He didn't like the 1979 cover by HoneyHoney saying, "it didn't add anything to make it better than the original."

Jackie Bordak lists her favorites from June, July, and August as: How We Roll, Walking the Dog, 1,2,3 Goodbye, We Are Kids, Toy Soldier, and Red Lipstick. So, if you haven't checked them out yet and trust Jackie's opinion, start with those.

In Colorado news, I had my substitute orientation today and am ready to teach starting Monday. It is going to be such a change from the routine I've gotten into: sleep, eat, play frisbee, listen to music, eat more, sleep more....

Ultimate Frisbee is going very well. Our team is obviously one of the better ones in the league. I catch a lot of Frisbees (or at least am thrown to a lot), I am now working on being more confident and comfortable with my throws.

Went to two of the Brewers/Rockies games last week and had a blast...even with the Brewers sucking it up. My cousin Nicole took me to the first game as a belated birthday gift and we caught up while running into my cousin Ashley. The next day we came back with Nicole's husband and kids and cousin Nadine with boyfriend George came too. It was really nice to see family in a comfortable atmosphere and I'm looking to seeing them again on Saturday when we help move cousin Ashley out of our Aunt Linda's place.

Trish and I went to Rocky Mountain National Park on Monday with friends Julie and pseudo-bf Colin. It snowed on us and was great to hike around and just be outside away from everything us. We met some very friendly ducks, had coffee to warm up in town, and proceeded to watch the Packers lose.

I also saw the Kronos Quartet last Friday. They are an absolutely amazing string quartet specializing in modern music. It was awesome!

And finally, I recently bought the new fun. album, Aim and Ignite, so be looking for a review of that soon. Also, I am hoping to have reviews of the albums people have sent me very soon. They will be posted in the order received, so just hang on and I'll let you know how I like your music. Watch for a pictures update soon too!

7 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll comment on the music. I've got to say that I agree with Tim about the cover. I did lots of driving this summer for my crappy temp job, so I used that time to listen to your cds. I listen to them a couple of times each and then check the track listings on here to check bands and titles. So, I'm driving and I recognized the beginning of 1979 but couldn't quite place it until the vocals. I wish you could have seen my face. I think HoneyHoney's version might be ok if it had been the original, but I much prefer the Smashing Pumpkins' version. I feel like they're so different that they're almost different songs completely.

    I also wish you could have seen my face when Relator started. I don't know if you know this, ZacH, but every lyric Pete Yorn has ever penned has been written for me. It's true. I've been madly, creepily in love with him since Musicforthemorningafter, which I've been planning on sending you a copy of since the first round of cds. I'll get to it some day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChelC, please tell me you've been to My Life is Average. Everyone of those is written for you too I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have! I also like People of WalMart. I came back to tell you I blogged about old lady things tonight, so now you have to read my drivel. I don't know how often I'll update, but I might be more motivated if I know I have one singular reader.

    http://horizontallystriped.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I can't paste a link in this box. If you search Esbjorn Svenson Trio on youtube, the first result should be "Behind the Yashmak." The performance is a bit long winded, but the ending is very powerful. I reccomend listening to it all the way to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, did you try playing the music I wrote out? I have some lyrics for it now. I'm thinking of giving it a chorus and bridge, but those kinda things aren't really my style...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZacH! Some of my whinging was posted on Consumerist :)

    consumerist.com/5382145/1800flowers-sends-order-doesnt-notice-florist-is-closed

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Tim, you just have to remove the http:// to post an URL. It won't be a hyperlink, but it'll still be there.

    ReplyDelete