Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

December 2011

Hey, I'm almost to the proper year!  Hooray!

1.  Deas Vail - Do You Hear What I Hear

 - Just great harmonies and shifted into a 3/4 feel.  Clean, clear, and under control.

2.  North Highlands - Steady Steady

 - Interesting voice and a catchy little number.

3.  Red Kite - Montreal

 - Yes!  Melodious, inventive, and incredibly singable.  Turn it up!

4.  Erik Lind - Wherever You Go

 - Like a little bit Phoenix with some catchy and understandable lyrics.

5.  Satellite Stories - Family

 - Maybe, one day I'll start a family.  Maybe, maybe, maybe

6.  Blondfire - Where The Kids Are

 - Such interesting sounds.  Like the song was sung in space. 

7.  Alabama Shakes - On Your Way

 - Sounds inspired by Kings of Leon and a great breakdown.

8.  Calm Paradox - Boots

 - What a great voice and great lyrics.  Warning:  NSFW

9.  Caroline Smith And The Good Night Sleeps - Calliope

 - Wow.  I want more like this!

10.  Deeper Upper - I Am The Colours

 - I'm not sure what it means exactly to "be the colours," but I know I like it.  And this Lithuanian band put together one great song.  One of my favorites in recent months.

11.  Orca Orca - When the Sun Comes Up (Feat.  QUALMS)

 - Fuzzy, light, this is a great song to reminisce to.

12.  Big Deal - Chair

 - What a great duo and the angst of romance.
 "Only want me for the songs I write about you, about how I like you."

13.  Alphabet Backwards - TALLER

 - Like the Decemberists only more British.

14.  Dead Trees - Slow Faze Fast

 - Take me to CA and cruise to this one.

15.  Set Sail - Whales

 - So well-orchestrated.  So stinkin' catchy.  I want to write a song like this.

16.  The Orion Experience - NYC Girl

 - Token dance number.

17.  Kimbra - Call Me

 - I picture this song sung from an urban apartment building stoop in the summer.

18.  Hey Marseilles - Elegy

 - What great use of instruments

19.  The Once - You're My best Friend

 - These 3 voices blend so well.  Maybe better than the original.

20.  Brown Bird - Thunder & Lightning

 - Get down wit yr bad self.

21.  Peter Peter - Tergiverse

 - I'm not quite sure what he's saying, but I like it.

22.  My Morning Jacket - Christmas Must Be Tonight

 - C'mon.  It was December.  It needed to be Christmasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment