Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fallin' Behind

My dear friends and associates, I am writing to you from the sunny slopes of Vail, Colorado as I have officially begun the second leg of my summer adventure.

Alaska proved to be awesome for the month I was there. I can't with friends down in McCarthy and Kennecott. I met a whole bunch of amazing, new people at a ridiculous Ultimate Frisbee tournament in Fairbanks. I took my friend Desiree to Homer and Valdez, including playing on 3 different glaciers and a trip to Seldovia. It was superb.

I will try to have pictures posted pretty soon (on here and the fb, I suppose) and I hope most of the rest of my summer will be extremely picture-worthy.

Tomorrow, I begin a weeklong educator's conference called PEAK (not sure what it stands for yet). It was highly touted by many of my close colleagues from Glennallen, so I signed up. I'm looking forward to learning how to be a better teacher, but I have some reservations. Alot of these conferences tend to be geared toward the general classroom teacher and I have FAR from a general classroom. I'm hoping to improve my grasp of elementary curriculum and to work on using my room for good, instead of evil.

I'm going to post the tracklists one CD at a time. That will make me post a bit and then follow it up with some tracks.

It's going to be interesting producing the June and July playlists on the road, but knowing that this month caps my second year of discs has rejuvenated my spirit.

I hope you find at least one song per CD that you truly love. Here's April!

1. tUnE-yArDs - My Country
2. Rubik - Laws of Gravity
3. The View - Sunday
4. You Say France And I Whistle - Animal
5. Zoey Van Goey - You Told The Drunks I Knew Karate
6. The Eclectic Moniker - 2 Officers
7. Elbow - With Love
8. Florence And The Machine - Swimming
9. Of Montreal - L'age D'or
10. Star Slinger - How Will I Copulate? Link(Moranis Mashup feat. Whitney Houston)
11. Death Cab for Cutie - You Are A Tourist
12. Sloan - Unkind
13. We All Have Hooks For Hands - Amy's Room
14. The Joy Formidable - Austere
15. In These Woods - Always
16. Whale Tooth - 6 Billion
17. TV On The Radio - Caffeinated Consciousness
18. Fleet Foxes - Battery Kinzie
19. Seryn - We Will All Be Changed
20. The Morning Benders - Little Riot
21. Andrew Bird - The Twistable, Turnable Man Returns
22. Yellow Ostrich - WHALE
23. Lykke Li - Sadness Is A Blessing

Zach's Notes:
1. A modern patriot, I suppose
4. Crude, but catchy
5. One of the best starting lines of any song.
8. Who can't get enough Florence these days?
10. If you don't like this song, listen to it 4 times. According to Mark, you'll like it by then.
11. On the radio, this is their first single from their new album
12. This band is the Pearl Jam of Canada, celebrating their 20th year together with a new album. This is the first I've heard of them, but I love this song.
13. Great/Awful band name
14. I love the fuzzy, dark 90s sound
18. And the clean, folk Americana sound
19. This song snuck up on me and is incredible
22. This song was a hit at our Frisbee Tournament since our mascot was a giant, inflatable Shamu.
23. Second month in a row to end with a sultry Lykke Li number.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Zach
    sounds like a fun summer so far.yeah i've been slacking in sending you out my lateat mix but i will soon
    meanwhile check out my blog
    www.djtrishm.blogspot.com
    Have a great summer
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got these CD's in the mail today. So far, I really enjoyed the Sloan tune, Fleet Foxes, Florence, and of course, Lykke Li. Hope you're having a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just in Vail on a catering job like 3 days ago! How long are you in town? Plans to be in the Denver area?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Deathcab song is really good. They keep coming out with great songs with ease. So far, I like the April mix better than the May.

    If you ever make a clean mix, I will play it in our music store, but I can't play songs that have lines like, "you're a sexy motherfucker" in it.

    ReplyDelete