Listen To All The New Mixes Here!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Procrastination AND November Playlist

Hey Team! It's been a long time since I've posted and I have had some pretty cool things happen since. Highlights include taking two of my students to Anchorage for the weekend for an All-State Music Festival and an absolutely beautiful weekend hanging with Jenny and Patrick down in Homer for Thanksgiving. However, each of those things are an entire post on their own.

Right now, I am delaying the process of typing lesson plans. I just hate having to write the same thing over and over for each class. For HS and JH music, we are going to get ready for the concert on the 14th or 16th (depending on the school). I mean, I have no idea how the lesson will specifically go. I know whether we are doing band or choir each day and I know which sections of which pieces I want to focus on to start, but after that everything is sort of felt out by which area I feel they need most improvement on. Lesson plans are so different for music/performance classes. I need to make that clearer in the future.

Anyway! November playlists and Autumn Honorable Mentions are done. I'm really going to try to post a little bit each week and put a little bit of work into the CDs each night. Like it's my homework...

So, without further ado, here is what I was listening to in November:

1. The Drums - When I Come Home
2. Generationals - Trust
3. Golden Bloom - 30 Lives
4. Kings of Leon - Pyro
5. International Zombies of Love - Back To The Ball
6. Matt & Kim - AM/FM Sound
7. Diamond Rings - Wait & See
8. Florence And The Machine - Heavy In Your Arms
9. Team Me - Weathervanes And Chemicals
10. Lykke Li - Get Some
11. Wise Blood - SOLO (4' CLAIRE)
12. Coma Cinema - Caroline, Please Kill Me
13. Best Coast - Crazy For You
14. Hungry Kids of Hungary - The Vacationer
15. Bedouin SoundClash - When The Night Feels My Song
16. The Meligrove Band - Bones Attack
17. Geographer - Age of Consent (New Order)
18. Dead Heart Bloom - Flash In A Bottle
19. Foals - Blue Blood
20. New Socks - House Show
21. Bright Eyes - Coyote Song
22. Pseudo Kids - Goodbye Summer

Zach's Notes
2. The bass, the swelling guitar riffs, and the cool little "Olivia" section make this a must-listen
3. Nerd Rock
4. Sort of a sultry little KoL number. Feels different than "Only By The Night" and I can't wait to hear more singles are they are released (or until the price drops enough that I'll buy it)
6. This is one of the few bands my students and I can both agree on
7. Making their return to the playlist since debuting last October
8. Try this one to counter the radio hit, "Dog Days Are Over."
10. Played this song while playing games in Homer and the crowd suddenly became quiet just as she sings, "I'm Your Prostitute." Awk-ward...
11. Love the bluesy feel to this short little tune.
14. Kind of like Ra Ra Riot with less cellos
16. If I Love You To Death Will Your Bones Attack Me?
19. These baby horses have been trying to broach the playlist for a long time and I finally found a song worthy.
20. Just fun!
21. Anyone who new me sophomore year of college may remember my huge disdain for Bright Eyes, but here is a song where he doesn't sound so awful
22. Some dream rock to ease us into the long, long winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment